Garden Moles Removal Burnley
Need Moles Removed From Your Garden?
As accredited members of the Guild Of British Molecatchers we are able to provide a quality mole removal service in Burnley and the surrounding areas.
Have you put in hours of work and hundreds of pounds into making you lawn as pristine as a bowling green? Dismayed because hills sprout up all over your grass? Well we are here to help. We have specialised for many years in molecatching work on farms across the north west. On some of the larger farms and estates we could have up to 800 traps set at any time of year.
Why is this relevant to you and your lawn?
Well your in good hands with Wallace Pest Control, accredited as stated by the Guild of British Molecatchers and certified in the trapping of garden moles by UK Rural Skills. We are Burnley based with many years experience removing garden moles. We have even run mole trapping training days at agricultural colleges!
The Guild of British Molecatchers
The Guild is a non profit organisation established for molecatchers in order to to demonstrate their proficiency in traditional methods of mole control. It was and remains to this day ardently opposed to the use of poisons and gassing compounds due to their impact on the environment. As members we try to promote better standards of molecatching to ensure the animals welfare. This involves regular inspections of traps along with proper training in trapping techniques.
For information on the Code of Best Practice please visit The Guild of British Molecatchers
Mole Control FAQs
- What is a Mole? Moles are small mammals that predate mostly on worms within their subterranean tunnel systems.
- How do you remove them? We strictly use a method known as tunnel trapping. Carried out using high powered spring traps within the moles tunnels.
- Can I do it myself? Many homeowners attempt (often unsuccessfully) to remove moles themselves using traps from hardware shops or borrowed from friends. Skill is required to catch moles humanely and efficiently so we always recommend the use a professional service.
- Why have moles come into my garden? Moles move for various reasons such as a rising water table, lack of food or sometimes because of disturbance.
- How do I stop moles from digging under my fence? We have seen some great effort go into mole prevention there is very little can be done to prevent access by moles in a cost effective manner.
- My neighbour wont do anything about their mole, will this affect me? Provided the mole is well fed this shouldn’t cause too many issues because moles are very territorial therefore it is unlikely there is more than one in your garden.
- Are your methods humane? We do not offer a live catch service as there is a very small success rate in the relocation of moles. Due to their stress and metabolism, moles can starve to death within a matter of hours. We do however only use the highest quality traps and when deployed by experienced molecatchers provides an instant and humane dispatch.
If you have a mole problem call now on 01282 534189 or send us a message through our website Contact Us